New Orleans is more beautiful

than I remember. Even after all the mess of Katrina it is still a colorful and vibrant city. The french quarter was even more lucky when the storm came through. It only got about 2-4 feet of water. It is still the gorgeous and lively place I remember back on 2002.

We have been very busy, site seeing for the first two days we were here. Hitting the French Quarter for Bengiets at Cafe at Cafe du Monde and wandering around the streets.

On the weekends the local artists are out by Jackson Square displaying their work, some even painting right there on the streets. There is a lot of talent here, wishing I had some money to spend on paintings and etchings!

I plan on hitting the flea market today. Unfortunately the French Market is under construction for some reason and is closed. And as you can tell, I found a computer cafe, the Bastille on Toulouse Street and they have saved me from way over spending my bank account by allowing me Internet access to check it!

That's it for now, off to take more photos!

No comments: